According to Eastern Medicine, the chakras that are used in chakra therapy are the 7 main energy centers of the human body and when they are out of alignment, it can cause illness to form within the body. By healing chakras, the state of illness or any injuries to the body can be healed. This article examines the basics of how healing chakras can heal the body.
The 7 main chakras run along the center of the body starting at the base of the spine and running upward to the top of the head. Each has a color which is associated with it.
1) The first chakra is called the root or base chakra. It’s location is at the base of the spine and it’s color is red.
2) The second chakra is called the sacral chakra. It is located approximately three finger widths below the navel and it’s color is orange.
3) The third chakra is called the Solar Plexus Chakra. It is located approximately half way between the navel and the heart and its color is yellow.
4) The fourth chakra is called the Heart Chakra. It is located at the center of the chest next to the heart and its color is green.
5) The fifth chakra is called the Throat Chakra. It is located in the center and the bottom of the throat and its color is blue.
6) The sixth chakra is called the Third Eye Chakra. It is located in the center of the forehead approximately 1 finger width above the eyebrows and it’s color is indigo (deep blue).
7) The seventh chakra is called the Crown Chakra. It is located above the head. Different teachings give differing measurements of how far above the head but most estimates range from 3 to 18 inches.
The word Chakra comes from the Sanscrit language and translates to mean wheel or disc. In total, there are some 88,000 chakras in the body however the vast majority of them are very small and are not used in healing chakra therapy.
There are different schools of thought on healing chakras. Most forms of healing teach that only 40 of the chakras have a large enough energy field to be useful in chakra therapy and only the 7 mentioned in this article are normally worked on when healing chakras because they are the largest and main chakras.
The chakras affect almost every aspect of our bodies and the health and well being of our minds, bodies and souls are tied directly into how well the chakras are functioning.
Under normal circumstances a chakra with a healthy flow of energy is constantly rotating in a clockwise manner and vibrates or almost pulses with energy. When the chakra energy becomes blocked, leaving the energy unable to flow or if the chakra is stuck in a wide open position, the harmony of the body’s energies is off balanced allowing illness and injury to manifest within the body.
Healing Chakras with Crystals
Chakra healing can begin with a simple quartz crystal placed upon each chakra (one at a time or use 7 to cover all at once). You should be in a relaxed state, laying down and it will help to meditate on the specific chakra being worked on.
Visualize the chakra’s energy swirling smoothly around. See and feel the energy pulsing within the healing chakra, removing all blockages, letting go of all tensions. This should continue for at least 3 minutes but 15 minutes is better.
Chakra Healing with Color Crystals
Healing Crystals come in a waide range of colors and types of stones. One form of healing chakras involves using a specific color of crystal for each of the chakras. Choose a crystal the same color as the color of the chakra (see the chart above) and proceed with the chakra therapy as mentioned in the Healing Chakras with Crystals section above.
Again, use meditation to help increase the benefits you receive during chakra healing by visualizing the energy flow during the treatment.
The field of chakra healing is tremendous and the knowledge available is growing on a regular basis. We hope this small dose of knowledge has awakened within you the desire to learn more and urge you to keep seeking the knowledge that awaits you. Healing Chakras can be the start of a new life if you will allow the energies to work for you.